Course AE495 Intensive Listening/ Interpersonal Skills IV
Are you ready to enhance Academic English Interpersonal Skills? Then this is the course that will begin your journey into mastering the world language. This 4-week course will reinforce the necessary skills to improve your speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in English. As you complete sections of the course, you will have synchronous sessions with a certified English Instructor that will provide an engaging session to improve the skills that you have been practicing.
Course Description: Built to direct students toward achieving pronunciation, phrasing, and intonation of oral American English in communication real life settings such as academic and social settings. Includes interview presentation and emphasis on building listening skills.
Placement in AE 495 is based on completion of AE 395 or placement assessment.
B1+_ B2- of the CEFR English Level Placement Guide
- The Sound System of American English
- Listening Comprehension and Note Taking
- Spoken Production
- Introduction to Oral Presentations, Discussions, and Debates
What You Will Learn:
- Recognize the general sound system of American English at a high-intermediate level.
- Comprehend topics and main ideas when listening to extended speech at a high-intermediate level.
- Perform communicative functions at a high-intermediate level.
- Make various types of oral presentations such as discussions, debates, interviews, and panels.
- Lectures 27
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 4 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes