Course AE595 Speech /Advanced Interpersonal Skills
Are you ready to excel Academic English Interpersonal Skills? Then this is the course that will begin your journey into mastering the world language. This 4-week course will polish the necessary skills to improve your speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in English. As you complete sections of the course, you will have synchronous sessions with a certified English Instructor that will provide an engaging session to improve the skills that you have been practicing.
Course Description: Built to direct and to polish ESL students toward achieving advanced pronunciation, phrasing, and intonation of oral American English in communication real life settings. The emphasis of this course includes vocabulary, listening comprehension, and speaking skills. The reinforcement in the course will be vocabulary development, designing academic lecture/ discourse comprehension, note-taking, and public speaking.
Placement in AE 595 is based on completion of AE 495 or placement assessment.
B2, B2+,C1, C2 of the CEFR English Level Placement Guide
- The Sound System of American English
- Listening Comprehension and Note Taking
- Spoken Production
- Emphasis on Oral Advanced Presentations, Discussions, and Debates
What You Will Learn:
1. Write coherent speech outlines for organizational formats with a clear speech purpose.
2. Incorporate research, sound reasoning and evidence for speeches and outlines.
3. Become critical thinkers both as speakers and listeners.
4. Explain their relationship and ethical responsibilities to others in the communication transaction.
5. Explain the basic principles of communication, and apply selected speech formats.
- Lectures 27
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 4 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 4
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes