5 Life-saving ways to say “I misgot it” at work
5 Life-Saving Ways to Say "I Misgot It" at Work in USA
English is a universal language for business in many parts of the world. However, for immigrants who work in countries where English is not their native language as United States of America, it can be a big challenge to understand and communicate effectively at work. This challenge can affect their ability to perform tasks effectively, participate in meetings, and communicate with their colleagues and superiors.
Additionally, the lack of English comprehension can be harmful to a person’s career and create barriers for their professional development. Linguistic discrimination is also a real concern, especially in work environments of USA Therefore, it is important for immigrants who work in countries where English is spoken, to take steps to improve their understanding and ability to communicate in this language.
These are the 5 life saving ways to say I misgot it at work in USA:
- “Excuse me, my English isn’t quite up to par.” (Disculpa, mi inglés no es del todo bueno.)
- “I apologize, I may not be understanding everything correctly.” (Lo siento, puede que no esté entendiendo todo correctamente.)
- “Could you please rephrase that for me? I’m having trouble following.” (¿Podrías reformular eso para mí? Tengo dificultades para seguir.)
- “I’m sorry, I don’t quite have a grasp on the language yet.” (Lo siento, aún no tengo un buen manejo del idioma.)
- “My English comprehension is still a work in progress, could you please explain it in a different way?” (Aun estoy trabajando en mi Inglés , ¿podrías explicarlo de una manera diferente por favor?)
We hope we have helped you with these solutions, we must always be honest with our interlocutors about our level of English. If you need to learn English in a virtual face-to-face or private way, check out our business English course.