Life Means Growth
- The truth is that without learning and growing, individuals die in terms of their effectiveness.
- Awareness is key to design an individual’s own path. We all need a clear plan on how a successful individual develops, how he/she grows and uses his/her talents to a full potential.
Be a Lifelong Learner
- As Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller (2012) states, “the path to increase influence, impact, and leadership effectiveness is paved with personal growth.”
- “Our capacity to grow determines our capacity to lead.”
- “Growing for a leader is like oxygen to a deep-sea diver: without it you die.”
Lessons for Self-Empowering Journey – Acronym of Grow
- Gain Knowledge
- Reach out to Others
- Open your World
- Walked toward Wisdom
- It means learning about your strengths and weakness and the strengths and weaknesses of the people you work with.
- Continue learning about your personal and professional interests, others, and constantly read and study what is your passion.
Reach Out to Others
- It means looking for mentoring relationships and sharing what you’re learning with others.
- “The key is to share information as well as by probing questions formally or informally.” (Blanchard & Miller ,2012)
Open Your World
- It means seeking new experiences outside your comfort zone to expand your understanding of reality. Yes!
- Explore other perspectives of your surroundings understanding them as a whole.
Walk toward Wisdom
- It means being willing to receive feedback, ask for a piece of advice, have self-assessment, and grow nonstop.
- Wisdom is the application of knowledge, discernment, insight, experience, and judgement to make good decisions incorporating changes.